- Eye catching introductory sentence to get reader hooked
- Uses many organisms to see how protein structure and function adapt to temperature
- Explains words that general public might not know: mollusks
- Sets a pace: Somero describes hypothesis then goes into experiment to test hypothesis, and finally conclusion to relate to global warming
- Asks questions to readers to get them thinking
- Article Ending: asks questions get readers thinking about big picture beyond the scope of this article; article information may be stepping block to additional experiments.