Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Practice GRE

After taking the practice subject GRE test for biology, I realized that I knew next to nothing about plants seeing as I'm more of an animal person. I almost wish that I wasn't graduating in May so that I could take Dr. Brauner's General Botany class to learn more about them. But since there are already enough blogs written about plants, I thought I would address another set of subject questions that I did not do so well on this practice GRE; molecular/cell processes.

It's not that I don't understand molecular/cell processes, it just that it doesn't interest me as much as my vertebrate and invertebrate classes do so I guess I didn't retain much of that knowledge after I learned it in Genetics (a class in which I did really well in). The sad part about this is that I'm currently relearning this stuff in my Microbiology class and I still got many of those questions wrong. I believe that this is an important aspect of biology that every Biology major should know upon graduation, so I guess I'm going to have to try harder to retain the information this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment